Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Mar 8 01:49:06 PST 2012

On Thursday, March 08, 2012 04:26:11 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Aside from the problems of excess paren nesting, I tend to think this is
> backwards:
>
> foo(bar(baz(x+2)))

Yes, but that's how functions normally work, so flipping it around _is_
backwards from the normal, even if some people find it easier to understand.
And I've written enough in functional languages that flipping it around just
seems _really_ backwards to me. At this point, I always have a harder time
reading code when someone insists on chaining UFCS calls rather than using
normal function calls. But obviously YMMV.

- Jonathan M Davis