Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:50:37 PST 2012

Le 07/03/2012 01:25, Jonathan M Davis a écrit :
> You don't write much code in functional style, do you? If you chain functions
> much, then long names very quickly result in long lines, which makes the code
> harder to read, and can quickly lead to expressions having to be multiple
> lines, simply because the symbol names involved were overly verbose.

You read way more code than you write. By way more I mean WAY WAY MORE !

Additionally, this make the task harder for any new dev. This is
nonsense, and a recipe for failure. D has enough in it to scare
beginners. No need to add some more.

BTW, I'm not aware of any successful recent language using a lot of
abbreviations in its standard lib. That is not a proof, but definitively
should be looked at.