Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Mar 8 20:42:31 PST 2012

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 07:07:43PM -0500, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, March 08, 2012 12:10:07 H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > IMO, making all abbreviations in Phobos consistent would be a big
> > step forward.
>
> You know, people keep saying that the abbreviations are inconsistent,
> but I don't buy that. _What_ abbreviations are inconsistent?
[...]

My comment was referring specifically to the pull request that adds
"secs" as an alternative for "seconds". From what Walter said, he seems
to be against any renaming changes, so any existing inconsistencies that
we might find seems likely to be rejected as well.

But at the end of the day, this *is* just bikeshedding, so perhaps it's
not worth spending so much time and energy on. People will get used to
the quirky names eventually, and life goes on. *shrug*

Why can't you just be a nonconformist like everyone else? -- YHL