Annotations or custom attributes

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Mar 9 07:20:29 PST 2012

Manu:

> Okay, so the consensus is, it doesn't currently exist, but
> there is no real
> resistance, and is tentatively planned?
> Sounds good to me.

As far as I know there are no concrete ideas yet for the
semantics and precise usage of this feature. And I think there
are different ideas regarding what this feature has to do
(example: I think of it as as a user-defined extension of the
type system. Other people think of this feature more like the C#,
Scala or Java ones).

So if you want this feature to happen and you have good ideas,
then I suggest you to write down a little concrete proposal of
definition syntax/semantics (implementation isn't needed now).

Bye,
bearophile