Annotations or custom attributes

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Mar 9 11:04:57 PST 2012

On Friday, March 09, 2012 16:00:03 Manu wrote:
> Okay, so the consensus is, it doesn't currently exist, but there is no real
> resistance, and is tentatively planned?
> Sounds good to me.

I wouldn't really say that it's tentatively planned. I don't recall Walter
ever weighing in on it at all, and no one is working on it. Rather, the
current situation does not prevent it, and there's definitely some desire for
it in the community, so there's a decent chance that it'll be implemented
eventually. There are no plans for it though.

Regardless, adding them should be backwards compatible, so it's really not a
problem to wait until other more pressing issues have been addressed and the
language has better stabilized before adding such a feature.

- Jonathan M Davis