Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Mar 9 16:46:14 PST 2012

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 07:32:55PM -0500, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Saturday, March 10, 2012 01:22:49 David Nadlinger wrote:
> > On Saturday, 10 March 2012 at 00:16:14 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > > UFCS will give people more freedom and may help templates in
> > > some cases, […]
[...]
> So, it'll probably help _some_, but I think that there's a good chance
> that you're right and that it won't be as useful as some people are
> expecting. But for better or worse, it looks like we're getting it.
[...]

We already have it. Latest DMD in git understands stuff like 2.5.sqrt(),
and supports pseudo-members.

A program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the potential for it to be applied to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more important, to tasks that have not yet
been conceived. -- Michael B. Allen