Annotations or custom attributes

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Mar 9 20:22:11 PST 2012

> On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 19:05:00 -0500, Ary Manzana <ary at esperanto.org.ar>
> wrote:
>
>> What are you talking about?
>
> Who are you talking to?
>
> :)
>
> Seriously, though, I think Andrej sometimes quotes *nothing* (no offense
> for picking on you Andrej), and couple that with the newsgroup's
> seemingly random decision to start a new thread, or put a reply at the
> same level, I sometimes have no idea what he's talking about :)

There are extremes, of course. I, for one, take pains to make sure I
quote about the "right" amount of context. I know it's time well spent
because every second I save for one reader is multiplied by many of
them. I think it's very jarring to see a 300-line discussion quoted and
followed by a brief answer. If that much context is necessary, I'd have
no business reading that message unless I actually followed the
conversation.

Andrei