Breaking backwards compatiblity

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Mar 10 07:26:12 PST 2012

Well, the slated @property enforcement *will* break a lot of stuff...

> Library changes break it almost every other release, but language
> changes tend to be ok. There's regressions every so often, but they
> aren't bad.

OK.

> >You mean Windows 3.1.
>
> You're insane! D rox my sox right off my cox and has
> for a long time, and it has been getting pretty
> consistently better.

You're right, D *does* rock in spite of its current shortcomings. It's
easy to see only the flaws when you're just focused on fixing problems,
but it's true that when I take a step back and compare it with, say,
C/C++, there's simply no comparison. Even with all its warts, D is
unquestionably superior in pretty much every way.

"The number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate your phone 90
degrees and try again."