Breaking backwards compatiblity

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Mar 10 11:56:03 PST 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 02:31:53PM -0500, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
[...]
> writefln is still there with the same old functionality (which is
> good, it *is* a good function). It's just that writeln has been added
> and just happens to be better in every way for the majority of
> use-cases.
[...]

Strange, I still find myself using writef/writefln very frequently.
When you want formatting in your output, printf specs are just sooo
convenient.  But perhaps it's just a symptom of my having just emerged
from the C/C++ world.  :-)

First Rule of History: History doesn't repeat itself -- historians merely repeat each other.