Multiple return values...

Sean Cavanaugh WorksOnMyMachine at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 14:25:20 PST 2012

On 3/10/2012 4:37 AM, Manu wrote:

> If I pass a structure TO a function by value, I know what happens, a
> copy is written to the stack which the function expects to find there.

This is only true if the compiler is forced to use the ABI, when
inlining is impossible, or the type being passed is too complex.
Structs of pods, most compilers do magical things to provided you don't
actively work against the code gen (virtual methods, dllexports etc),
too many separate .obj units in C++ etc.