Breaking backwards compatiblity

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 08:34:45 PDT 2012

Le 10/03/2012 20:38, Walter Bright a écrit :
> On 3/10/2012 11:31 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> I still like the name better. Do we really need an alphabet soup
>> appended to
>> "write" just to spit out one string?
>
> It's not about whether it was a better name. It was about having to
> constantly edit code.

I do think better name isn't the problem. The problem is about
consistency, and will persist as long as we don't agree on a guideline
on that in phobos.

Changing a name just for changing it doesn't worth the cost, unless the
original name is horribly misleading - rare case. But getting the naming
convention consistent is of much greater importance, and justify
breaking code.