Feq questions about the D language

Caligo iteronvexor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 14:57:08 PDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen
<xtzgzorex at gmail.com> wrote:

> False. MCI is 20k+ lines. We have around 4 workarounds for DMD bugs in the
> source. That is all.
>
> --
> - Alex

Well, I don't know what MCI is.  Maybe you could give us a link?

My own project is maybe 5K lines, and there are at least 4-5
workarounds.  iirc, in the past year I have discovered and reported
half a dozen new bugs, and I have encountered a few dozen bugs that
have already been reported and/or later fixed.  I'm sorry, but time
wasted because of bugs is not fun, UNLESS you are there specifically
to find and resolve DMD issues.

And just for the record, there are software projects that are millions
of lines of code in C/C++ and have ZERO workarounds.  Also, I have
never encountered a bug in GCC when programming in C++, even when
trying out the latest C++11.