Multiple return values...

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Sun Mar 11 19:13:33 PDT 2012

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:44:32 -0500, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 March 2012 00:58, Robert Jacques <sandford at jhu.edu> wrote:
>
>> That's an argument for using the right register for the job. And we can /
>> will be doing this on x86-64, as other compilers have already done. Manu
>> was arguing that MRV were somehow special and had mystical optimization
>> potential. That's simply not true.
>>

> Here's some tests for you:

Wait, ARM?! That's really cool. However, as far as I know, D on ARM is very experimental. Having an experimental compiler not eak out every last cycle is not something that should be unexpected.

That said, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make, aside from backend quality-of-implementation issues. I think bringing these issues up is important, but they are tangent to the language changes you're asking for.