Breaking backwards compatiblity

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Mar 11 19:53:01 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 02:31:44AM +0100, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 12 March 2012 at 01:28:39 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >Something that not only doesn't need the mouse, but *eradicates* all
> >need for the mouse on virtually all applications.
>
> It isn't what you described, but in X11, if you hit shift+numlock, it
> toggles a mode that lets you move the cursor and click by using the
> numpad keys.

There is that, but that's still just a mouse in disguise. In fact, it's
worse than a mouse, 'cos now you're pushing the mouse with buttons
instead of just sweeping it across the mouse pad with your hand.

I'm talking about a sort of quadtree-type spatial navigation where you
zero in on the target position in logarithmic leaps, rather than a
"linear" cursor displacement.

INTEL = Only half of "intelligence".