D support in Thrift needs your reviews!

Martin Nowak dawg at dawgfoto.de
Sun Mar 11 22:44:08 PDT 2012

> So, if you are interested in Thrift or already have some experience with
> it, it'd be great if you could have a look at the code and let me (and
> the Thrift issue tracker, of course), know what you think. You should be
> able to find anything needed from the ticket [2], let me know if
> something is missing.
I did recently tried it out because I wanted to test some async Fiber
kqueue stuff.
It did fail to compile though because of conflicting selective imports.
You probably want to avoid those until the remaining issues are sorted out.

>   - Compile-time Thrift IDL parsing:
I probably forgot to lex floating point literals.
https://gist.github.com/2019921#gistcomment-90654

>   - A HashSet implementation in Phobos it could generate code against;
> currently, a void[0]-AA-based hack is used. I've been meaning to look
> into adding something to std.container for ages now, but with me being
> swamped in work and the container design being »in flux« (e.g.
> allocators)…
Yup, at some point we should stick a not yet ready allocator design
into std.experimental before it inhibits even more development.

The void[0][Key] is a good trick, I always used empty structs.