Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 05:32:16 PDT 2012

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:41:53 -0500, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:

> You know what I think it is (without actually looking at the code): I
> think
> they tried to do some highly misguided and even more poorly implemented
> hack
> (which they no-doubt thought was clever) for dealing with *cough* "old"
> *cough* browsers by inserting a meta redirect to a hardcoded URL, and
> then
> used JS to disable the meta redirect. If that's the case, I don't know
> how
> the fuck they managed to convince themselves that make one drop of sense.

It could be that they don't care to cater to people who hate JS.  There
aren't that many of you.

You may want to consider -- if you on principle don't view pages with
information because the pages contain JS, you are the one missing out on
the information.

If you worked for my company, and you didn't like JS, you'd have a tough
(actually impossible) time using the web application we have for tracking
things.

-Steve