Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Mar 12 12:27:30 PDT 2012

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:op.wa1432xjeav7ka at localhost.localdomain...
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:41:53 -0500, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
>
>> You know what I think it is (without actually looking at the code): I
>> think
>> they tried to do some highly misguided and even more poorly implemented
>> hack
>> (which they no-doubt thought was clever) for dealing with *cough* "old"
>> *cough* browsers by inserting a meta redirect to a hardcoded URL, and
>> then
>> used JS to disable the meta redirect. If that's the case, I don't know
>> how
>> the fuck they managed to convince themselves that make one drop of sense.
>
> It could be that they don't care to cater to people who hate JS.  There
> aren't that many of you.

There are enough. And it's beside the point anyway. Things that don't need
JS sholdn't be using JS anyway, regardless of whether you hate it or have
enough brain damage to think it's the greatest thing since the transistor.