Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Mar 12 12:38:21 PDT 2012

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:op.wa16bibneav7ka at localhost.localdomain...
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 00:06:40 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu
>
>> Insert obligatory link: http://drdobbs.com/184401197
>>
>> Very insightful article.
>
> Interesting point to make about D, however.  It's really *difficult* to
> make related non-member non-friend functions, since all functions inside
> the same module as a type are friends.

Geez, I *still* keep forgetting about that. And I'm not sure I've ever
really found it particularly useful. I'd be happy to see that go away in D3.
Acually, I'd argue in favor of changing "private" to "module" (much like how
we have the "package" access specifier) and then adding a more traditional
private. I doubt any of this will ever actually happen. But, oh well, one
can dream.