How about colors and terminal graphics in std.format?

Damian Ziemba spam at dzfl.pl
Mon Mar 12 18:11:56 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 13 March 2012 at 00:24:58 UTC, Kevin Cox wrote:
> On Mar 12, 2012 7:55 PM, "Damian Ziemba" <spam at dzfl.pl> wrote
>> And yea, I think like others that it should have its own
>> module like
> std.terminal/std.console or maybe somekind of spot in std.stdio.
>
> Python has a great lib for this.  I can't remember what package
> it is in
> but it has things like isTty() and all of the colors as well ad
> querying
> for different color support.  For a name may I recommend
> std.term.

Urwid?

Well there are Ncurses bindings lying around, but I guess the
point is to get something rather simple. Ofcourse porting for
example Urwid from Python to D would be possible but I am not
sure if there is a point in doing so.

In my framework I've added only stuff that I missed from MS Class
Library, and actually were useful, like Console.ReadKey or
Console.ForegroundColor.

I think that Chad idea was to provide something simple like that.