How about colors and terminal graphics in std.format?

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:53:10 PDT 2012

On 03/12/2012 09:36 PM, Christian Manning wrote:
> On Monday, 12 March 2012 at 09:51:08 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>
>> I think it would nice to have, but not in std.format. std.terminal or
>> similar would be better.
>
> It would be great if an std.terminal contained general stuff for
> manipulating/querying a terminal portably, as well as colour output, eg.
> get terminal size, move cursor around, erase line... just things to help
> with building UIs, progress bars, etc. that are easy to use.

Although this would be cool, it is out of the scope of what I am willing
to spend time on.

My intent is to make color output easy.  Handling interactive stuff is a
completely different beast from the usage standpoint.

I might do it someday if I feel like writing a game using terminal
graphics, but even then there is no guarantee it would be phobos worthy.