Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Mar 12 22:26:51 PDT 2012

"Ary Manzana" <ary at esperanto.org.ar> wrote in message
news:jjmiip$2c2$1 at digitalmars.com...

> But the non-javascript version is a worse user experience, and it's less
> efficient. Why not make it well from scratch?

Because it's trivially easy to do, and it *is* a better experience than: a
user goes to your page, tries to add a comment, finds that "This fucking
thing doesn't even work, WTF? It's just a goddamn form submission! How do
you screw that up?" and then if they still care, enable JS and then reload
the page, possibly much more slowly this time, reenter the captcha and try
again. You can argue that "everyone should just conform and keep JS on!",
but that's never going to happen (and for legitimate reasons). Besides, as
developers, it's *our* responsibility, not the user's, to make things "just
work".