Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Mar 12 22:37:24 PDT 2012

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:oxkxtvkuybdommyerrke at forum.dlang.org...
> On Tuesday, 13 March 2012 at 04:24:45 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> 2. On the web, animation means JS.
>
> css3 does animations that are pretty easy to use,
> degrade well, and tend to be fast. Moreover css
> is where it belongs anyway - it is pure presentation.

Interesting, I had no idea! Thanks for the tip :)

> Far, far superior to the JS crap.

Yea, there's a lot of things that are much better done in CSS that a lot of
people don't even know about. For example, most rollovers are easily doable
in pure CSS. But there's a lot stuff out there (paricularly things created
in Adobe's "software") that use JS for rollovers, which doesn't even work as
well (even with JS on).

OTOH, I don't like CSS drop-down menus. Maybe it's different in CSS3, but in
CSS2 the only way to make CSS menus work is for them to open upon rollover,
not click. And dropdown menus opening upon rollover is just a usability
mess, IMO, *and* inconsistent with pretty much any GUI OS I've ever used.