How about colors and terminal graphics in std.format?

Sean Cavanaugh WorksOnMyMachine at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 22:39:07 PDT 2012

On 3/12/2012 10:58 PM, Chad J wrote:
> On 03/12/2012 10:37 PM, James Miller wrote:
>
> I do want to be able to format things besides color with the color
> formatting function. Maybe I can pick out the color format specifiers
> first and then pass the rest to format. It'd be a shame to reimplement
> format.

There are something like 4 million UTF characters designated for
user-defined use.  I had hooked some range of this into RGBA color codes
for easy rendering text for D3D, as the function needs to parse the
string to generate texture UVs for the glyphs, and might as well be
setting some vertex attributes for color along the way etc.