[draft] New std.regex walkthrough

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:27:57 PDT 2012

For a couple of releases we have a new revamped std.regex, that as far
as I'm concerned works nicely, thanks to my GSOC commitment last summer.
Yet there was certain dark trend around std.regex/std.regexp as both had
severe bugs, missing documentation and what not, enough to consider them
unusable or dismiss prematurely.

It's about time to break this gloomy aura, and show that std.regex is
actually easy to use, that it does the thing and has some nice extras.

Link: http://blackwhale.github.com/regular-expression.html

Comments are welcome from experts and newbies alike, in fact it should
encourage people to try out a few tricks ;)

This is intended as replacement for an article on dlang.org
about outdated (and soon to disappear) std.regexp:
http://dlang.org/regular-expression.html

[Spoiler] one example relies on a parser bug being fixed (blush):
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/481
Well, it was a specific lookahead inside lookaround so that's not severe
bug ;)

P.S. I've been following through a bunch of new bug reports recently,
thanks to everyone involved :)

--
Dmitry Olshansky