[video] A better way to program

sclytrack sclytrack at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:46:19 PDT 2012

On 03/13/2012 05:57 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 March 2012 at 15:34:17 UTC, proxy wrote:
>> Very interesting talk about the merits of direct feedback in any
>> creative process(first half) and being a developer activist(second half).
>>
>> "It eventually gets going and it isn't only about game programming at
>> about 18 mins in you will find the same ideas applied to more abstract
>> coding and even to other engineering disciplines."
>>
>> http://www.i-programmer.info/news/112-theory/3900-a-better-way-to-program.html
>>

> Could someone summarize the video?

You when you use RAD, you edit the properties on the property tab. Then
you see the immediate result in the form. Because you edit the properties.

Well here it is not the editing in the property tab but directly in the
code itself. I know it's weird. Like the colour you get a drop down list
in the code. Or a slider that pops up in the code to modify the value.
Totally weird.