toHash => pure, nothrow, const, @safe

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Mar 13 16:43:04 PDT 2012

Walter:

> Break a lot of existing code?

Invent a good deprecation strategy for toString?

The idea of modifying toString isn't new, we have discussed it more than on time, and I agree with the general strategy Don appreciates. As far as I know you didn't do much on it mostly because there were other more important things to do, like fixing important bugs, not because people thought the situation was good enough. Maybe now it's a good moment to slow down bug fixing and look for things more important than bugs (where "important" means "can't be done much later").

Bye,
bearophile