Replacing AA's in druntime

Jakob Bornecrantz wallbraker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:39:25 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 14 March 2012 at 00:52:32 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My AA implementation is slowly inching closer to being ready to
> replace aaA.d. So far I've been writing the implementation
> outside of object_.d for ease of testing & development; now I'm
> ready to start moving stuff into object_.d to start working on
> integration with druntime.

Hi,

If I'm understanding this correctly you are moving the entire
implementation of the AA into object.d and as such letting
programs be purview to its inner working? In sort meaning you
are making the entire AA implementation D ABI locked.

This will make it impossible to either change the AA
implementation in any ABI breaking fashion or make it impossible
to pass AA's between libraries compiled against different
versions of druntime.

Is this what we really want?

Cheers, Jakob.