Tuple unpacking syntax [Was: Re: Multiple return values...]

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 01:52:55 PDT 2012

I'm encouraged to see that every person in this thread so far seems to feel
the same way as me regarding the syntax.

On 14 March 2012 05:25, Derek Parnell <ddparnell at bigpond.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:33:18 +1100, Kevin Cox <kevincox.ca at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> (int i,,float f) = intBoringFloat();
>>

> For what its worth, the Euphoria Programming Language uses ? to signify
> ignored values.

Yeah I tend to agree with that logic. I was quite liking the '_' that
someone suggested much earlier in the thread:

«x, _, int y» =  intBoringFloat ();   // Note: it seems to be unclear which
brackets to use ;)

Hey, the Japanese have some really cool brackets!
「x, _, int y」 = ...
〖x, _, int y〗 = ...
〘x, _, int y〙 = ...

Tight! ;)