Standalone AA implementation ready for review

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Mar 14 18:25:49 PDT 2012

James Miller:

> Any tips on where to start?

You have a lot of search space to cover, so before doing a
systematic search that requires a lot of time I suggest a quick
random sampling of the search space. If there are significantly
wide performance inefficiencies you will hit them in less than
one hour of tests. Such approach is sometimes missed even by
professional engineers :-)

I have already given a link to a game solver that uses
associative arrays a lot.

Then, this is my currently "best short solution" of one of the
Shootout benchmarks that stresses only hashing. The input data
comes from the Fasta benchmark (just use the Python or C++ Fasta
code if you want the test data):
http://codepad.org/ZSlrcuad

I have few other benchmarks.

Bye,