Dynamic language

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Thu Mar 15 07:06:35 PDT 2012

On 3/15/12 4:09 AM, so wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Not related to D but this is a community which i can find at least a few
> objective person. I want to invest some "quality" time on a dynamic
> language but i am not sure which one. Would you please suggest one?
>
> To give you an idea what i am after:
> Of all one-liners i have heard only one gets me.
> "The programmable programming language". Is it true? If so Lisp will be
> my first choice.
>
> Thanks.

I suggest Ruby. You can practically change everything in the language
and use metaprogramming. With Ruby you don't have to fight with the
compiler (or interpreter). You feel free and have fun. Plus the standard
library has lots and lots of methods you definitely will use and won't
have to write from scratch.