Dynamic language

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:37:03 PDT 2012

On 15 March 2012 22:12, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 09:15:34PM +0200, Manu wrote:
> > On 15 March 2012 20:59, so <so at so.so> wrote:
> [...]
> > > On Thursday, 15 March 2012 at 17:30:49 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> [...]
> > >>

> > > I'd love to use D but it is not an option is it? At least for the
> > > things i am after, say game scripting.
> >

> > I dunno, that sounds like a pretty interesting idea to me! :)
>
> It certainly is, though it does bring up the problem of what to do if
> the game scripting is editable at runtime. Does that mean we'll need to
> bundle a D compiler with the game? Doesn't seem practical.

Do you expect users to be modifying the scripts in the retail release?
Surely scripting is still for what it has always been for, rapid
iteration/prototyping during development.
Hot-plugging DLL's written in D sounds pretty interesting to me :) .. You
only need the compiler as a part of the games asset-pipeline, and can
static link when you release for extra FPS's!