Changing the name of the language?

ixid nuaccount at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:23:27 PDT 2012

D is a very poor name for a language. I appreciate it's late in
the day for this and that it has probably been discussed before
(not that I could find such a discussion with Google which
relates to my point). Although the results for D are fine when
googling for things like "D tutorial", more obscure terms are
hard to find because "d" is so commonly used as a variable name.
Searchability is important though I understand that this might be
seen as a trivial point, it is a major human factor. The language
would be far better off with a 3 to 5 letter identifier. It will
succeed or fail for other reasons but an easily searchable name
would help. Dlang as the search term isn't good enough because
it's not actually the language's name, people don't use it that
much when referring to D, nor do they usually use D2.