Issue 5689

Daniel Murphy yebblies at nospamgmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:36:45 PDT 2012

"James Miller" <james at aatch.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.707.1331841671.4860.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> Out of curiosity, what does -profile do that could cause this bug?
> Seems like an odd cause, since in my specific case, I don't even get
> an error, just crazy values, -2^31 to ~10^38, in later calculations
>
> --
> James Miller

IIRC the code that actually does -profile is in the backend, and is done
with very low-level calls.  Inserting calls can change the register usage
patterns, interfere with cse elimination, etc.  I assume this is what is
happening, and with x64 and doubles that mean xmm codegen, which is still
relatively new and buggy.

Could you post the disassembly? (with intel syntax please)

It might be possible to work around it by changing the calling convention of
uniform and/or the functions it calls.