Changing the name of the language?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Mar 15 20:25:55 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 07:22:31PM -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/15/2012 6:23 PM, ixid wrote:
> >D is a very poor name for a language. I appreciate it's late in the
> >day for this and that it has probably been discussed before (not that
> >I could find such a discussion with Google which relates to my
> >point).

Yes, this topic has been discussed to death before. On several
occasions. And yes, the google searchability factor has also been
discussed to death before. Also on multiple occasions.

[...]
> Searching for "d programming" or "d programming language" works very
> well.

Actually I find that google has been adapting to me (I'm pretty sure
this can't be for everyone, unless D is much more well-known that any of
us has ever suspected). Nowadays just combining "d" with a programming
related term consistently puts D-related results close to the top of the
page.

Valentine's Day: an occasion for florists to reach into the wallets of
nominal lovers in dire need of being reminded to profess their
hypothetical love for their long-forgotten.