OpenBSD port of dmd?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Mar 16 21:50:26 PDT 2012

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:jk0ptd$29g2$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 3/16/12 8:16 PM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
>> The only time to make this decision is when implementing
>> support for a specific platform, and this pattern forces you to consider
>> each place where platform specific behaviour is required.  When doing
>> things
>> like this, 100 false positives are much faster to fix than a single false
>> negative causing wrong code/corruption.
>
> I just find it difficult to get convinced about this. Walter has often
> talked my ear off about this dogma and never produced a convincing
> argument.

Walter has produced arguments that have convinced a number of us. Daniel and
I, at the very least. What Walter has failed to do is convince *you*, and
that's a very, very different thing. Especially when he's pitted against
counterarguments like "I just find it difficult to get convinced about this"
;)