automated C++ binding generation.. Booost D, NO , Not us. SIMD is more important.

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Fri Mar 16 23:51:54 PDT 2012

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 02:29:26 +0100
Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the long wait. Turns out I was *extremely* wrong about this.
> Generating the D side turned out to be a hell of a lot more work then
> I initially thought (mostly due to C++ and D type incompatibilities
> and scoping issues).

Huh, Murphy in action?

> So now I'm starting to work on wxc generation again. Once that's done,
> I have to test linking between wxd and wxc. Then, I have to fix any
> runtime segfaults I might run into (there's bound to be a few codegen
> issues). Once I have a few wxD samples working on the major platforms,
> I'll release an alpha of wxD (+ the codegenerator) and then we can
> start testing the library more thoroughly before any official release.

Although we're still swamped into non-D computer issues, we'll find the
time to be tester of your alpha release.

Thank you, again, for your hard work!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
O chastiser of the enemy, the sacrifice performed in knowledge
is better than the mere sacrifice of material possessions.