Understanding Templates: why can't anybody do it?

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sat Mar 17 13:45:51 PDT 2012

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:29:18 +0100
Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had no idea what templates were when I started using D, and I
> thought I would never need to use them either. But now I use them
> extensively. They really become a natural tool in programming. They're
> so nice to use that I never have to reach for the big fat OOP monster,
> I can just write simple procedural code and use templates when I need
> some flexibility.

Thank you for this paragraph. ;)

I also consider to write procedural/functional code in my project and
leave OOP behind, so it's nice to know that templates are the way to go.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The work of a man who is unattached to the modes of material
nature and who is fully situated in transcendental knowledge