Ddoc as general documentation tool (was Re: DDoc and logically structured HTML)

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Mon Mar 19 03:01:56 PDT 2012

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 01:08:20 +0000
Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anybody else got further with getting logical HTML out of DDoc?
> Have you been using DDoc to generate some internal format and then
> some other program to turn it into HTML, or what?

Excuse me for jumping into the thread, but I hope it's relevant...

I wonder whether you can recommend using Ddoc for writing
general-purpose documentation like user's manual for e.g. application
written in D which has to be split into logical parts (chapters,
sections,...) as well as use hyperlinking, addding pictures, tables
etc.?

Or do you believe it's better to use more specialized tool like reST
markup with Sphinx, AsciiDoc, LaTeX/LyX...?

Let me add that we'd like to have nice HTML output which can be invoked
within application itself as well as quaility output in the form of PDF
file.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who is not connected with the Supreme can have neither
transcendental intelligence nor a steady mind, without which