Mono-D at GSoC - Mentor needed

alex info at alexanderbothe.com
Mon Mar 19 14:18:01 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

It may sounds a bit annoying because I already was asking
everywhere in the IRC channels but still had no success -

Is there anyone who wants to be my GSoC mentor for the Mono-D
project?

In the case you don't know what Mono-D is all about:
It's about creating a D language binding for MonoDevelop.
(http://monodevelop.com/Screenshots )

There are couple of things that are already implemented - like a
relatively nice but fast code completion, build support, small
refactoring operations like they can be used in every modern IDE
and few other things which will make application development with
D a lot easier - especially for D newbies.
(Debugging is also available via gdb on Linux systems - so yeah,
why not? :))

The main road map for this summer of code is available under
https://github.com/aBothe/Mono-D/blob/master/MonoDevelop.DBinding/Remaining%20features.txt
- Especially things like the evaluation of constant expressions
and CTFE made e.g. a pre-compile-time view of mixin expressions
possible! - This would be more than nice, I guess!

So if you want to support D (and perhaps me, too ;)) - be a
mentor for GSoC to let D roll a bit more!

Further project info @ http://mono-d.alexanderbothe.com
For contact, you can speak to me in the #d and #d.mono-d channel
on freenode - I'm called 'alex|D-Guy' there