Premake support for D

Andrew Gough andrew at goughy.org
Mon Mar 19 19:57:50 PDT 2012

All,

I just wanted to post a note here that I have added support for D(2) to
premake (http://industriousone.com/premake).

The fork is available on Bitbucket
(https://bitbucket.org/goughy/premake-dev-d/overview) and I would
really appreciate feedback if it's of interest to the community.

I have one known issue at the moment (which I'm working on as time
permits) which is that addressing sibling projects for linking seems to
have issues under some configurations.

I believe this to be a mismatch between, for example, GCC and DMD where
GCC allows the definition of independent output directories for targets
(libraries) and object files, where DMD does not.  Hopefully it should
still work for you.

The fork supports DMD, GDC, and LDC - but only for D2, and currently
only for (g)make. If anyone would like to add support for other
toolchains (MSVC/VisualD, Code::Blocks etc) that would be fantastic.

I have successfully built my own projects and
druntime/phobos with it in the past, so I know it can work.

Cheers.

--
Andrew Gough
M: 0408 596 656