Mono-D at GSoC - Mentor needed

alex info at alexanderbothe.com
Tue Mar 20 06:58:49 PDT 2012

> Surely debugging support on platforms other than linux is much
> more important than any of these things you have listed. These
> things may be nice, but absolutely unnecessary. Integrated
> debugging is a must.

Personally I don't want to waste time with scanning tons of API
documentation just to find out what parameters my called phobos
function has got.
In larger projects, with large amounts of classes and methods
it'll be hard to find everything in a short time.
So I doubt that code completion is that unnecessary.

Debugging is important, for sure, but without having abstract
access to the debugged code it'll be quite impossible to e.g.
read out memory and to know what this memory represents.
Just imagine I was given a pointer address but don't know that
it's a string[]?
And now imagine you want to debug mixed-in code? I guess you
won't be able to do this without knowing what your mixin code
finally looks like :)