public MessageBox

Nathan M. Swan nathanmswan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:37:33 PDT 2012

After playing around with making a library with uses threads, I
realized it would be nice if there could be multiple inter-thread
mailboxes than just one per thread. That way, client code and
third-party library code don't interfere with each other.

So this is my proposal: that std.concurrency is modified so that
class MessageBox is public and MessageBoxs be passed around
through other MessageBoxs, or perhaps another class is devised
for this.

I'm not sure of the implications of this, though I know I would
find it very useful by allowing me to write code without ("import
core."~someLowLevelModule)