Premake support for D

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Mar 21 00:07:34 PDT 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:57:50 +1100
Andrew Gough <andrew at goughy.org> wrote:

Hello Andrew,

> The fork supports DMD, GDC, and LDC - but only for D2, and currently
> only for (g)make. If anyone would like to add support for other
> toolchains (MSVC/VisualD, Code::Blocks etc) that would be fantastic.

I'm very happy seeing the prospect of having D support in premake which
looks very clean and being of declarative nature.

Now I wonder how difficult is to add support for  other toolchains and
asked about it on the mailing list where Jason replied with: "I did try
to abstract out common functions between the C++ and C# support. The
more data points I have to work with, the easier it will be to identify
the areas that need more abstraction (and what it should look like)."

Does adding such support involve only Lua skills?

> I have successfully built my own projects and druntime/phobos with it
> in the past, so I know it can work.

I plan to start playing with it as soon as I finish some other non-D
related tasks.

Thank you for working on it.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
But for one who takes pleasure in the self, whose human life
is one of self-realization, and who is satisfied in the self only,