Three Unlikely Successful Features of D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:25:13 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 21 March 2012 at 21:01:10 UTC, Kapps wrote:
> On the topic of import, mixin imports are something that I
> believe will eventually become a great deal more popular than
> they are today.

I use a *lot* of import() (one of my work projects imports()
about 140 files!) but I fairly rarely use mixin with it.

What I love about it is simply having a one-piece
executable. All your default data is right there. Deployment
is easy. If replacement files exist at runtime, you might
use them, but if not, you always have a default built in!

It is much easier than external resource files, and being
able to process is a nice win.