Proposal: user defined attributes

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 00:17:35 PDT 2012

On 21 March 2012 20:32, Andrei Alexandrescu
<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>wrote:

> Well if the argument boils down to nice vs. ugly, as opposed to possible
> vs. impossible - it's quite a bit less compelling.

By this logic, I might as well stick with C++. It's 'possible' to do
everything I need, but it makes my cry myself to sleep at night, and wastes
insane amounts of time.
Code simplicity and cleanliess on the front end IS important, it makes code
reasable, maintainable.
In a large code team, if someone has to go out of their way to understand
some code, chances are, they won't understand it, and make improper or
damaging changes to it. Or make improper implementations based on it.
This will destroy your code across 5 years or so. In gamedev, the average
engine codebase lasts 10+ years.