Wrong lowering for a[b][c]++

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com
Thu Mar 22 12:16:29 PDT 2012

On 22/03/12 18:43, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 3/22/12, H. S. Teoh<hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx>  wrote:
>> Probably. I've been developing on 2.059 so I didn't realize there are
>> incompatibilities with earlier versions.
>
> Your test files work ok. I'll test it on my own projects as soon as I
> get rid of a few compilation errors (all of a sudden I get 900 error
> lines for failed template instantiations, LOL).

Please report them as bugs. I know of one situation where that happens,
but I'm sure there are more.

I want to get to the point where there is exactly one error message for
each bug in your code. Previously the compiler was cheating by calling
exit() as soon as it got ANY template error, but the cheating also
caused subtle bugs, because it can't abort if errors are gagged.