Three Unlikely Successful Features of D

Matt Peterson ricochet1k at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 20:42:06 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 20 March 2012 at 19:02:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I plan to give a talk at Lang.NEXT
> (http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Lang-NEXT/Lang-NEXT-2012) with
> the subject above. There are a few features of D that turned
> out to be successful, in spite of them being seemingly
> unimportant or diverging from related consecrated approaches.
>
> What are your faves? I have a few in mind, but wouldn't want to
> influence answers.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

It isn't mainline yet, but UFCS from git has made working with
std.algorithm much nicer. Instead of something like
array(filter!"a > 0"(map!((a){return somefunc(a);})(data))) where
you can quickly drown in parenthesis and the order seems somewhat
backwards, you can use data.map!((a){return
somefunc(a);}).filter!"a > 0".array