Understanding Templates: why can't anybody do it?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Mar 22 22:35:15 PDT 2012

"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote in message
news:mailman.1037.1332480633.4860.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 01:16:13AM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
>> news:jk2ro7$6dl$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> >
>> > Here's a little templates primer, I hope it helps:
>> >
>> > [...]
>>
>> I've cleaned this up, added an intro and outro, and posted it on my
>> website here:
>>
>> https://www.semitwist.com/articles/article/view/template-primer-in-d
> [...]
>
> +1. Good introduction to D templates.

Thanks :)

> Pity you didn't get into fancy stuff like recursive templates, but I
> suppose that's out of the scope of an intro. :-)

Yea. Just kind of a "So what are these 'template' things anyway?"

And some of that fancier template stuff (like template fibonacci) is better
done as CTFE anyway ;)