New hash

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Mar 24 04:15:32 PDT 2012

H. S. Teoh:

> Someday, we have to revisit this whole const thing and how to make it
> work nicely with containers... I found that it is causing >40% of my
> troubles with the AA implementation. :-(

This is a very good idea, but I see two problems in it:
- Do you know someone intelligent enough to fix/redesign the const system "correctly"?
- Walter has recently said he wants to reduce a lot the amount of code breakage caused by D evolution. How do you improve the const system without breaking some of the old D code?

Bye,
bearophile