New hash

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Mar 24 07:25:43 PDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 06:50:12AM +0100, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 3/24/12, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
[...]
> > However, one case remains unsolved: either I can't find the right
> > way to express this, or the new AA template needs fixing:
> >
> > 	AA!(string[const AA!(int[int])]) meta;
>
> Not sure why are you combining old and new syntax in there? Is this
> what you wanted?:
> AA!(string[const int[int]]) meta;

I tried that, but it seems to give me a different type from what I
expected. Originally I had this:

    AA!(const AA!(int,int), string)

(using the old syntax.) I tried to translate this to the new syntax but
can't seem to get the same type out of it. You can try it yourself in
the latest github code, line 973. The current code compiles, but trying
to write that line completely in the new syntax causes a compile error.
(That needs to be fixed of course, but the point is that the type
changed somehow.)

Political correctness: socially-sanctioned hypocrisy.